Friday, November 13, 2009

Photos and Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10253487@N03/

I've wanted to express my many thanks to all the people who have helped me in this undertaking for quite some time. Internet access has been spotty and electricity increasingly a fading memory. Once I get back I intend to post better thanks, improve my websites and post more of my videos, writings and eventually artwork in regards to this trip.

One group of people I would like to thanks both now and later is my Mt. Zion church family in Seattle, Washington. I have not lived in Seattle in 10 years, but I grew up there attending Mt. Zion and growing up there. In effort to make this trip possible I appealed to Mt. Zion to provide a bit of financial support and they absolutely did. The support I've received from Mt. Zion, including my upbringing there is obviously more than I could put into words. I remember choir rehearsals, My father's choir rehearsals, sitting on the deacon board on Sundays with my father and in the balcony when I got older. I remember the Brotherhood breakfasts, the songs, sermons, on and on. I've have endless new memories since my time in Florida, and now a new and equisite bunch from this trip, but good memories linger in the mind like the scent of good food and I am appreciative of them and the folks that people them. Thank you again to everyone at Mt. Zion who helped to make this trip possible for me. Thank you if you wanted to and couldn't at the time. Thank you if you couldn't but I knew you when I was a child because the wealth of memories is a real and tangible one as well.

Thank you if I've forgotten to thankyou and know that I will be posting a more extensive version of this at a later date on a better website once I get somewhere with an internet speed past 2... Here is a link to some photos I've been taking while visiting villages, meeting people and studying blacksmithing in Mali and the cultural foundations that undergird it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics. I especially like the one with the carver with his tools surrounded by wood shavings. I love wood...and metal, symbols of strength in the masculine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you as well Clarence. Your writings have taken us to the dwelling places that you speak of and we are enriched as well. We love you!

    ReplyDelete